OUTSOURCING 3D ART SUPERVISOR
Studio / Mobile Games / Casual
What will you do?
As an Outsourcing Art Supervisor (specialized in 3D) you are responsible for the revision of external deliveries, internal briefings, templates, guidelines, and documentation - whilst ensuring processes and best practices are followed.
- You will provide artistic and technical feedback to vendors, based on existing guidelines and/or your own knowledge and experience.
- You will be working mainly on 3D tasks, but any proven experience supervising 2D art and animation is a strong plus.
- You ensure that deliveries are received without delay and are properly organized in our asset management tools.
- You will promote and facilitate communication with internal departments and external vendors.
- You are able to adapt to new situations, work efficiently, and use your emotional intelligence to solve upcoming problems. The decisions you make are led by sound judgment and always follow clear and comprehensible goals.
- Keep track and provide feedback for all external 3D assets from your assigned projects.
- Make sure final deliveries are flawless, received without delay, and properly organized in our asset management tools.
- Kindly provide mentoring and support for the vendors, both artistically and technically, to guarantee the required quality is not compromised.
- Design, execute, and monitor improvement plans for vendors when some promising potential is detected.
- Suggest and test new vendors when needed or required.
- Use and maintain our department pipeline and asset management tools, to be as efficient as possible.
- Ensure any documents, links, and files related to the tasks are correct and up to date.
- Hold regular meetings with project teams to update status, share information and discuss any issues.
- Identify anyone else needed to do your job, involving them actively and following up through execution (external or internal).
- Optimize the efficiency of your assigned projects, through proper alignment and constant communication (especially with the Outsourcing Producers and other 3D Supervisors).
This is you:
- Expert on 3D workflows and pipelines for games. (Rigging, animation, and VFX a strong plus)
- Advanced user of Maya and 3dsMAX. (Zbrush and Unity a plus)
- Strong knowledge of texture creation and normal map baking
- Proficiency with Substance Painter (Substance Designer a plus)
- Experienced in the supervision and delivery of high-quality 3D assets for mobile games.
- Able to work on cross-functional teams to produce 3D assets, monitoring the progress of individual tasks, and overall milestones.
- Capable of properly documenting processes and guidelines, as well as revise/fix them.
- Highly organized, with exceptional attention to detail and ability to multitask.
- Familiar with Agile methodologies like Kanban boards or Gantt charts, as well as cloud services like Google Drive, Docs, and Slides.
You also have:
- Excellent prioritization skills to effectively track and oversee several projects on a - daily basis.
- Good professional English skills, both verbal and written.
- Positive attitude and ability to team-work, focus on solutions instead of problems.
- A talent to identify production risks and recommend suitable solutions.
- The ability to adapt quickly in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- A big passion for games.