Senior UX Designer
Rapidly-growing startup / New IP / Match 3
What are we looking for:
- An experienced UX designer to support our mobile-game development in Barcelona.
- Strong communication skills to communicate design concepts, both verbally and visually and to work as a link between art and game design departments.
- Knowledge of design thinking and user-centered design principles demonstrated through case studies or a portfolio of work samples.
- A professional-level understanding of games as a medium, gamer motivations and mobile space with its restrictions.
- Ability to grasp the core objectives of game features and to design the best possible player experience for them.
- Deep understanding of user interfaces and the best UI practices.
- Experience designing interfaces, interactions and flows for mobile screen-based systems.
- Ability to plan a consistent UX strategy, information architectures, and also to hands-on design wireframes, interactive prototypes, and detailed design specifications.
- Experience in both planning and conducting UX research and analysis of the results.
- Expertise in the use of tools like Sketch, Zeplin.io, Adobe Creative Suite Programs, Flinto, InVision or similar.
- A person with both ideas and the ability to translate them into consistent form and function.
What will you do:
- Be ready and hungry for creating a best-in-class casual game that can attract and engage the widest audiences
- Keep a holistic view of the whole product to ensure consistency and excellence across all features and use cases
- Create and maintain UX documentation and guidelines with goals to unify games design, monetization and aesthetic goals into coherent user experience and interface.
- Take part in both design and revision of the new game features.
- Make wireframes and UI prototypes for new game features.
- Serve as a communication link between product design and UI art.
- Conduct and analyze UX research studies via playtesting of focus groups.
- Recommend and promote UX-ideas and bring insight on the user point of view and player needs to the joint collaboration between the different departments and disciplines.
What will you need:
- 3+ years of production experience, with mobile development experience a big plus.
- A degree in graphic arts, interaction design, or equivalent industry experience in the design field.
- A portfolio that demonstrates top UI/UX work that you have done in the past.
- A deep level of knowledge of UI and UX best practices and standards.
- Good English language skills.
- Experience in free-to-play mobile products is a big plus.
- Experience working with Unity is a plus.